Welcome to the Department of Hotel management
Message from Dean
As an international institute of hospitality and hotel management, the Hotel Institute Montreux supports the success of aspiring individuals through the development of strong hospitality management, interpersonal, language, and cultural skills. The business focus of the program, which is offered in collaboration with Northwood University, a leading management university in the United States, will open doors to a wide variety of career options.
Department of Hotel Management
The department of Hotel management was established in 2015 in university. The department of Hotel Management is characterized by a combination of high standards of teaching and adequate industry exposure, which make it a perfect choice for under-graduate & post graduate studies. We have a strong industry connect to facilitate students in training & placements. The hospitality industry is normally considered to be a skilled professional oriented Industry. The success of hospitality retail operation mainly depends on skilled manpower therefore training is an integral tool which helps in developing knowledge and skill.
The remarkable developments in trade and commerce have created vast self-employments avenues in hospitality industries specially like Fast-Food, industrial / institutional canteen, club, guest house, shipping, maritime and offshore catering etc.
Beside classroom & practical learning the course also includes orientation programs in Hotels, industrial canteen, maritime and offshore catering.
Courses to Offer
B.Sc. (Hotel Management ), 3 Years (6 semester )
BHMCT (Bachelor in Hotel management & Catering Technology) , 4 years (8 Semester)
MHMCT (Master in Hotel Management & Catering Technology) ,Duration: 2 years (4 Semester)
Diploma in Hotel Management , 1 year ( 2 semester)
- B.Sc. (Hotel Management): Candidates who have completed their 10+2 examination or equivalent by the recognised Board established by law in India.
- BHMCT (Bachelor in Hotel Management & Catering Technology): Candidates who have completed their 10+2 examination or equivalent by the recognised Board established by law in India with 50% (45% for SC/ST) . English must be a compulsory subject.
- MHMCT (Master in Hotel Management & Catering Technology) : Candidates who have completed their BHMCT / B.SC. With 55 % (45 % with SC/ ST).
- DHM (Diploma in Hotel Management): Candidates who have completed their 10+2 examination or equivalent by the recognised Board established by law in India.
Unique Features of Department
- It has the locational advantage of Mount Abu which makes it a unique destination for hospitality & tourism education in India.
- The department offers quality education and faculty with international experience who can effectively groom the students for positions of responsibility in the Hospitality & Tourism sector.
- Industry experts are invited regularly to share latest trends in the hospitality industry with the students.
- Modern infrastructure, in the form of laboratories, equipment and classrooms is designed to facilitate hands on learning & operational experience.
- The flexible nature of the Programmes allows a student to choose courses related to his/her area of academic interest from a bouquet of open electives offered by the other departments of Madhav University.
- Field trips, industry visit, organizing events, participating in culinary competitions, industry related projects and many more activities are part of the curriculum to enhance the learning skills of students.
- Apart from a dedicated semester for gaining practical knowledge, through internships, students are sent for short term industrial exposure during each semester.
- Assistance for foreign training & placement.
- A research oriented department.
- Manager, Front Office Manager, Executive Housekeeper or Marketing Manager
- Food Production Head, Restaurant and Food Service Manager
- Restaurant management/Fast Food Joint Management, Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Club Management/Recreation & Health Centre
- Hospital Administration and Catering
- Institutional and Industrial Catering, Airline Catering and Cabin Services
- Manufacturers and Suppliers of Hotel and Restaurant Equipment and Services
- Call Centre and BPO
- Public Relation Areas
- Travel & Tour Business
- Academic Jobs after Higher Studies
- National & International Tie-Ups for Training & Placement
- Hi-Tech Campus
- Wi- Fi
- Slides On Projectors
- Guest Lectures From Hospitality & Tourism Study
- Counsellor For Each Section
- General Insurance
- Assistance For Bank Education Loan
- Instalment Available With 0% Interest
- Hostel Available